Sunday, May 5, 2013

In the beginning?

Well, isn't that just dandy. For months now I've been contemplating whether I should write the mad musings of what is encapsulated within this skull of mine. I'm not much of a writer, not much of a thinker either but I am very much a daydreamer. 

Right now I'm curled up in bed with my laptop where laptops usually are, on laps! It's keeping my legs warm as the whether turns to the colder months here in the land Down Under. I'm watching two of my cats curled up at my feet. Mother and Son. Mother is cleaning her Son. It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and my mother would spit onto a handkerchief to rub off dirt, half eaten food or any stray mark on my face. Usually at the most embarrassing moment. I look at these cats, nary a care in the world with Son No. 1 (I have Son No.2 from a later litter hiding somewhere in the house) fast asleep with Mother curled up beside him. Embarrassment isn't something they really have much to do with.

Mother cat is now staring at me, the way cats do sometimes. I'm not sure if it's one of those condescending cat stares or the blank look that often accompanies cats before they pass out and dream the dreams they dream. Maybe that's something I should do? Get some sleep? I can hear the fan above on slow speed making that soothing clunky sound. Feel the cool breeze flow over my shoulders from the windows behind me. I guess this isn't much of a beginning though I hope that it isn't the end. I don't expect any epiphanies to escape these fingers but you never know, something wonderful might eventuate.  So, here's to the beginning. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment